The Chama Savings account is a withdrawable deposit account that targets members with group savings commonly known in Kenya as "chama". The members of the group need not be Sacco members provided one of the group members is a UN Sacco member.
The terms and conditions of the account are:-
- The group must have at least one member who is a UN Sacco member.
- The group must at least three signatories to the account.
- Minutes of the group meeting authorizing the officials to open the account shall be required to open the account.
- The group must have a name preferably registered.
- The mode of contribution is check-off, standing order or by direct deposit.
- Minimum account maintenance balance is Ksh.5,000
- Minimum interest earning balance is Ksh.50,000
- Withdrawal fees shall be as stipulated in the Fosa Tariff Guide and shall be limited to once a month
- The account has no monthly charges like ledger fees, account maintenance etc.
- Minimum monthly deposits of Kshs 5,000.
The Junior Star Account is a savings account designed to provide a savings facility for parents to save for their children who have not reached the majority age. The account helps parents to plan for their children's education through savings accumulation for a long period of time.
The account operates in the following manner:
a) The member opens an account for each and every child as he wishes.
b) The account name is the child's name, while the parent has the sole mandate to operate it.
c) The minimum monthly saving for each account is Ksh.250 mainly through check-off but any other mode is also acceptable.
d) Withdrawal from the account is permitted after every four months provided a balance of Ksh.500 is maintained.
e) Withdrawal before four months are over may be permitted at a charge of Ksh.150 per withdrawal.
f) Minimum interest earning balance is Ksh.5000
g) The rate of interest will be based on amount and time of deposit; the higher the amount and the longer the period, the higher the rate.
h) The account attracts no monthly charges or account maintenance fees.
i) Withdrawal fees shall be in as stipulated in the Fosa Tariff Guide.
j) Children receive a birthday card every year.
The Fixed deposit account is a withdrawable deposit account where depositors can place short term deposits for specified periods of time usually between one to twelve months. The account targets members with large sums of money that they have put aside for investment and they are fairly certain of the period that they can commit the funds.
The account operates as detailed below.
- Fixed Deposit Account is suitable for deposits where the customer is fairly certain of the period that he can commit the funds.
- Minimum deposit Kshs.50,000
- Interest is computed daily and credited at the maturity of the contract period.
- Accrued interest is forfeited if a depositor withdraws the funds before the maturity date.
- The customer is issued with a Certificate of Deposit upon depositing the money.
- The Certificate of Deposit details the amount deposited, date deposited, interest rate applicable, contract period and the maturity date.
Upon maturity the depositor can rollover the principal together with the interest or collect interest and rollover the principal or collect both principal and interest.
The Prime Account is a withdrawable deposit account that members use as a transaction account and can also be used for savings purposes. The account caters for members' regular transactions like salaries and loans processing; cash and cheque deposits; electronic funds transfers; standing orders etc.
The account operates as follows:-
- The account maintenance balance is Ksh.2,000
- The minimum interest earning balance is Ksh. 50,000
- Interest is calculated monthly and credited at the month.
- The Fosa Account holders are eligible for ATM card services which shall be issued and operated in accordance with the Society's ATM card procedure.
- The Fosa Account holders are eligible for M-sacco services.
- A member can make regular savings to the Fosa Savings Account through a check-off arrangement with the employer.
- The account attracts no monthly charges or account maintenance fees.
- Withdrawal fees shall be in as stipulated in the Fosa Tariff Guide.
- Maximum withdrawal limits will be in accordance with the Fosa Tariff Guide.
Below is the chart for tarrifs and benefits;